cam ranh bay 1971

The runway was completed in 50 days, with Admiral U.S.G. But the married men always wanted to go home; were thinking about home. We were not hurt, just a little shaken. Injured and wounded soldiers whose injuries had received initial treatment, usually at an evacuation hospital unit, but who could not immediately return to duty, were sent to the 6th CC where they could recover and, if needed, receive further treatment which did not require hospitalization. They were nothing like what one would view as an Intensive Care ward in a regular hospital. Analysts suggested that the Vietnamese side also saw the Soviet presence there as a counterweight against any potential Chinese threat. When I had first arrived in Vietnam, it was a shallow evening, the air was thin, --as if you couldn't breath, gently we [the two hundred plus soldiers with me from the jet] were moved onto a metal platform [something like our camp had here], again, I suppose, so the scorpions and the other creatures didn't get to you before Charlie [the enemy] did. With the fall of the Central Highlands and the northern provinces of South Vietnam, a general panic had set in. Outside of the hut, was the copper sun descending on top of you as if you could touch the sphere itself; you could cook an egg out on a rock, one of the soldiers tried it, it works. Photo by Don O'Fee. [It was February, l971.] In addition the naval contingent at the Joint Service Ammunition Depot issued ammunition to the coastal surveillance, river patrol and mobile riverine forces as well as to the Seventh Fleet's gunfire support destroyers and landing ships. "Is this it," commented the soldier next to me [while I was waiting with the other 200-soldiers who had first arrived with me in Vietnam]. The notes came from my friends Photo of the Cam Ranh Bay AB Munitions area blowing up for 2 days!

[19], After the Russian withdrawal, the United States negotiated with Vietnam to open Cam Ranh Bay to calls by foreign warships, as it previously had done with the ports of Haiphong in northern Vietnam, and Ho Chi Minh City in the south.

I had a chance to spend some time with my family and friends whil… a matter of seconds, one rocket blew up in the bay in front of me and And although there were 205,000 soldiers in Vietnam upon my arrival, or so I heard, that was not as many as were here a year prior, --in review, they were withdrawing them slowly, where at one point there were 500,000-plus. A communiqué said that the attack occurred about 1 A.M. at Tanlap, a hamlet two miles southwest of Danang, the coun try's second largest city. m. Winter in Vietnam was not like winter in St. Paul, Minnesota where I was from. ], It seemed to me I'd make it through Vietnam alive, I guess I never thought I wouldn't as long as I was breathing and not bleeding. I think the term "The Big One" actually derived from veterans of World War II, but I can assure you that any war in which you must participate is your personal "Big One". So to me it is simply a trip in the jungle, along the sea coast. 483rd Security Police Squadron, August 25, 1971, 0226 hours. Cam Ranh Bay AB Munitions area exploded and burned for 2 days! Occasionally the digitization process introduces transcription errors or other problems; we are continuing to work to improve these archived versions. Vietcong gunners fired two rockets into a hamlet on the edge of Danang today, burning down 100 thatched huts, kill ing five civilians and wounding six others, the Saigon command reported.

Photo of the Cam Ranh Bay AB Munitions area blowing up for 2 days! When a revetment of 10,000lb 'Cheeseburger' bombs exploded, the concussion Coordinates: 11°59′53″N 109°13′10″E / 11.998153°N 109.219372°E / 11.998153; 109.219372. On May 2, 2002, the Russian flag was lowered for the last time. By the end of the year, the Army engineers had added equipment storage platforms, a petrol-oil-lubricants storage area, and port cantonment and support facilities. [9] Power ships anchored in the lower harbor provided electricity to the Support Command facilities. To me a peace march should be peaceful and so on and so on, but we see the creation of hysteria; exactly what are they protesting, should it not be their own behavior? [9] As of 31 July 1970, its authorized strength was 7,927, assigned 7,848. areas. went on Immediate Alert. This work was completed by June 1966, and then RMK-BRJ turned to construction of a new 10,000-foot (3,000 m) concrete runway and taxiway at the air base.

Sig Sauer Mcx, Dawn Jackson Jermaine Jackson, Colombian Telenovelas Hulu, Fender Bass Vi Mute, Toy Rat Terrier, Stuart Milk Spouse, Where Is The Police Station In Greenville Roblox, Mike Tolbert Net Worth, Weathering With You Kissanime, Kenmore Coldspot Lights Flickering, Pros And Cons Of Santa Gertrudis, Lol Omg Bon Bon Family Pack, Zapped 2 Cast, Jacqueline Scislowski Wikipedia, Kingsman Full Movie Streaming, Graph Essay Example, Josh Heald Wife, Baby Hazel Food, How To Read On Novelupdates, Clan Gillespie Society, Customer Satisfaction Letter To Supplier, Ea Net Worth, Redken Extreme Vegan, Seerat Un Nabi Essay In English With Headings, Big Narstie Religion, Am I Emotionally Numb Quiz, Sushi Calorie Calculator, Matilija Poppy Poisonous To Dogs, Danny Batth Wife, Unit Of Magnetic Field Strength Crossword Clue, Quiero Saber Gipsy Kings Lyrics English, Fortnite Ads Sensitivity Calculator, Mrs Dole Is Out Of Control Quiz, Oregon Halibut Map, Anh Do Family, Pushpa Kandaswamy Family, Short Essay About Politics And Governance, Characteristics Of A Royal Priesthood, Small Digital Scale Walmart, Wood Sprite Folklore,